http://www.classicalguitarbuilder.com/A note from the webmaster: This links page is an on going project so check back frequently for new additions. New additions will be indicated by NEW LINK!! next to the link. If you have favorite links which you would like to contribute to this list or have a guitar/music related website and would like to exchange links, drop me an e-mail to webmaster@JeffersonGuitar.org. Please include the website address and a brief description of the site. If you discover any problems with any of the links, I would appreciate hearing from you. If you would like to link your website to the JCGSsite, contact me.
- Orange County Guitar Circle
- Seattle Classical Guitar Society
- The Portland Guitar Society (Oregon)
- Jefferson Classical Guitar Society
- The San Francisco Classical Guitar Society
- South Bay Guitar Society
- The Carmel Classical Guitar Society
- Ventura CountyClassical Guitar Society
- Austin Classical Guitar Society
- The Classical Guitar Society of Northern Colorado
- Kansas City Guitar Society
- Tidewater Classical Guitar Society in Southeastern Virginia
- Connecticut Classical Guitar Society
- Baltimore Classical Guitar Society
- Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society
- New York City Classical Guitar Society
- Madison (Wisconsin) Classical Guitar Society
- Charlottesville Classical Guitar Society
- Treasure Coast (Florida) Classical Guitar Society
- Edmonton Classical Guitar Society
- United Kingdom Classical Guitar Societies Directory
- Sydney (Australia) Classical Guitar Society
- South Hampton (England) Classical Guitar Society
- The Classical Guitar Society of Calgary (Canada)
- Lute & Early Guitar Society, Japan
- GFA Directory of Classical Guitar Societies
- Washington Guitar Society (Washington D. C.)
- Sierra Nevada Guitar Society
Classical Guitar Magazines
- Classical Guitar Magazine Now in it’s 24th year of publication CLASSICAL GUITAR magazine is the only monthly English language magazine devoted to the instrument.
- David Russell David Russell performed in Ashland, Oregon on Saturday, April 26, 2008, 8:00PM.
- Laurindo Almeida We are happy to announce the official opening of the Laurindo Almeida Web Site. We have included many of the Laurindo Almeida compositions and arrangements for solo guitar, two guitars, three guitars, guitar ensemble, chamber music and guitar, folios and tutors, voice and guitar and much much more.
Our site is quite new and is being updated on a regular basis. In the near future you will see additional music, cd’s & audio tapes.
- Fernando Tavolaro
- Fernando Tavolaro Guitarist joins vocalist, Aída Albert to form the Duo, “Tango Argentino”.
- Dusan Bogdanovic
- Falla Trio
- James Kline
- The Manuel Barrueco Homepage
- John Williams The Guitarist– The Unofficial John Williams Home Page
- Renato Bellucci (Paraguay)
- Scott Tennant
- Phillip Hii-This wonderful site is built and maintained by the guitarist, with insightful technical discussions as well as up close and personal writings.
- Craig Einhorn
- Duo46-guitar and violin duo
- Michael Partington: Seattle guitarist
- Francis Kleynjans: French composer and guitarist
- Brad Richter-Tucson composer and guitarist
- David Rogers of Ashland, Oregon
- David Rogers of Eugene, Oregon
- Matt Dorris of Medford, Oregon
- Jeffrey Elliott-guitar craftsman
- Les Stansell-builder of classical and flamenco guitars
- Steve Ganz– Builder and Designer of Classical Guitars and Beyond.
- Woodley White classical and acoustic guitar builder
- Tom Prisloe-classical guitar builder
- Luthiers Mercantile International-guitar maker’s woods and materials
- Guild of American Luthiers Homepage-string instrument making information
- Walter Stanul arch guitar builder
- Pete Barthell-classical guitar builder
- Andrew Ellis Luthier from Perth, Western Australia
- Paco de Lucia Article about the great flamenco guitarist
- The Flamenco Guitar Home Page
- Flamenco Classes in Jerez-Andalucia-Spain: Dancing, Guitar playing, Cante, Cajon
- Flamenco Guitar by Graf-Martinez: Flamenco Guitar Method – Vol. 1 + 2 now on DVD, Gipsy Guitar – Rumba guitar styles (book + 2 CDs), Free lessons for download, Special Flamenco metronome,
Info about: How to choose a Flamenco guitar. How to count the flamenco rhythms (compás).
- Richard Miles Jackman-downloadable sheet music and mp3 files of the guitarist/composer
- Allan Alexander-original free music for classical guitar and lute.
- Classical Music Composers List-extensive searchable data base
- Classical Guitar Composers List-list of composers who have published at least one guitar piece.
- Villa Lobos Website-Life-Music-Features
- J S Bach Home Page-Life-Works-Recordings-Links
- Associated Chamber Music Players Search for chamber music you may want to play by title, composer, difficulty, ensemble or more. Although we don’t host the sheet music for these works, many are available on public domain sites such as IMSLP. We provide links when possible.
- Guitar Solo Publications-on-line catalog of sheet music and supplies for guitarists
Free Sheet Music Sources
Note: If there is no comment, this means that the site contains score sheets for different instruments/composers.
- Guitar-directory.com-different categories of guitar music
- Free Music-free transcriptions by classical guitarist Richard Yates
- Virtual Sheet Music
- Free classical sheet music
- Web Sites with Bach Information-a database specific to J.S. Bach
Various Music-Related Sites
- All in the Wrist: Beginner’s Guide to the Guitar
- GuitarStorage.com A business in Pennsylvania that provides guitar storage solutions.
- Guitar History – A source for guitar history and classical guitar lesson information.
- Jamie Andreas’ Guitar Principles
- Sound Notes-Interesting page dealing with the physics of music and sound.
- Pistol River Concert Association-in the town of Pistol River, Oregon
- The Guitar Foundation of America
- Classical Guitar Illustrated History
- Musicians and Injuries-a discussion of various injuries as they relate to the practicing musician.
- Guitar Review Magazine-website, sponsored by Augustine Strings
- Classical Guitar Internet Resource Site
- Artists and Performers-Writeups on Classical Guitarists of History and links to their works.
- Classical Guitar Net-Your internet resource for classical guitar information.
- Classical Guitar FAQs-A List of Frequently Asked Questions
- Classical Guitar Websites and Blogs
- The Classical Guitar: A Complete History-Featuring the Russell Cleveland Collection
- Teaching Classical Guitar at the College Level-A Perspective by Phillip Hii
- Classical Guitar Links
- The Classical Guitar Aficianados’ Page
- The New Millenium Guitar Publications-New Millinium Publishing and on-line Magazine
- Classical Guitar Magazine-Home Page for the Brittish guitar Magazine
- Intermediate Classical Guitar Repertoire Favorites-List
- Fine and Rare Classical Guitars
- Home Page for Donald Sauter-Interesting Rants from a Classical Guitarist
- More Classical Guitar Home Pages
- The Classical Navigator-history, composer bios, explanation of musical forms and terminology
- Classical Guitars For Sale by Owners
- Music Theory Website-introduction to the fundamentals of music theory
- I Breathe Music-iBreatheMusic.com is a place for established and aspiring musicians who want honest, quality instruction and a casual point of contact where they can interact and develop their skills with like minded people.
- ArchGuitar Web Page Website of archguitar innovator, Peter Blanchette and his duo.
- Marty’s Classical Guitar Web Portal Classical Guitars For Sale by Owner.
- Classical Guitar Magazines Links Directory of Classical Guitar Magazine, Radio and Online Blog Links in Various Languages.
Guitar Related Businesses
- Guitar Salon International-classical and flamenco guitars
- Guitar Solo Publications-on-line catalog of sheet music and supplies for guitarists
- Los Angeles Classical Guitars
- Zavaleta’s La Casa de Guitarras We specialize in fine classical and flamenco guitars made in Spain, and represent some 50 makers. Aside from our inventory of guitars, our site offers hundreds of pages of biographies of makers, photographs, and an extensive collection of mp3 recordings of classical and flamenco guitars dating from 1762 to the present.
- Guitar Player’s Nails: (Here is a glowing recommendation from a JCGS member.) “Just thought I’d let you know. If anyone you know is having trouble with their nails, these work great. I’ve been using them for a couple of months now and I get a great range of tone, they don’t wear, and they’re really tough. I don’t think I’m going to use my real nails anymore.” Dave Kear
Other Sites of Interest (not necessarily music or guitar related)
- Jefferson Public Radio The cultural watering hole for the State of Jefferson
- Blackstone Audio Books National Award winning company right here in Ashland, Oregon!
- Paschal Winery website for JCGS monthly meeting place
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Upcoming performances.
- Ashland Music Index A good way to get caught up on the Ashland music scene.
- State of Jefferson What is the “State of Jefferson”?
- Guanajuato, Mexico Website for Ashland’s Sister City
- Google Maps Don’t know where you are? Start here!
- World Wide Words: Michael Quinon writes about International English from a British viewpoint.
- ArtCyclopedia “Where the world finds great art.” This is a wonderful site if you are an art lover. Use their “search database” function. Try putting “picasso guitar” in the search field and see what happens.
- Abbinito Ashland salon specializes in thin, natural, healthy-looking nails enhanced with acrylic, silk & gel. Good local resource for guitarists.
- Cedarwood Inn: Hospitality is the rule, in Ashland, Oregon.