Greetings guitar enthusiasts,
Jefferson Classical Guitar Society Music Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at Paschal Winery, 1122 Suncrest Road, Talent, 541-535-7957. (Visit paschalwinery.com to see the many excellent concerts and events, as well as a map.) You may perform or just come to listen, have a glass of wine and/or a cheese plate. We always meet on the first Tuesday of the month, all ages welcome, no admission. Music starts promptly at 6:00.
The meeting program includes a wide variety of selections, performed mostly on guitar, some vocal, by amateurs, students and professionals. Anyone may announce upcoming events during the intermission as well.
JCGS meetings now include a group ensemble session to practice easy sight reading. Willing guitarists will have the chance to play a single piece together consisting of simple, single-note music from the comfort of their chairs in the audience while more experienced players lead the group. The music we are using can be found here.
Please keep this in mind when performing:
- Check with the emcee to have your name put on the performance list.
- Enter your full name and what you intend to play on Sam’s computer on the bar.
• Limit your performance (including introduction, comments, and stories) to 8 minutes or less, especially during busy meetings.
• Current JCGS paid members will be selected to play first during busy meetings. Others will be selected as time allows.
This is our newly upgraded website http://jeffersonguitars.org/. Many thanks to president Grant Ruiz and webmaster Arturo Ville for this major project. The site is still under construction, but you can go to the Meetings page, or Past Events to see the minutes, pictures and videos of recent and past meetings.
Arturo is looking for content to put on the JCGS website. He has offered to make a low-pressure video recording of people’s performances at the meetings. You can always opt not to have it put on the website.
SUPPORTING OUR HOME, PASCHAL WINERY
We want our meetings to be beneficial to the winery so we can continue to meet at this ideal venue. Purchase of wine, joining the Paschal wine club and contribution to the tip jar on the counter, even if you do not purchase anything, is encouraged. Help setting up and putting away the folding chairs is greatly appreciated.
If you would like to become a member, please remember to pay your annual dues, which are only $20 and are good from January 1 to December 31, no matter when you pay in the year. You may pay at a meeting or mail a check to:
1065 Ivy Lane
Ashland, OR 97520
- Helps support the society, particularly with logistical costs such as state, non-profit fees and venue insurance
- Gets you a tax deduction (along with any other donation you wish to make to JCGS) if you itemize
- Gives you performance priority during busy monthly meetings
- Gives you pride in supporting a local arts-based organization